Learn about the funding opportunities (grants and contributions) that are offered by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC), the Labour Program and Service Canada by browsing programs accepting applications or funding by topic.
What are grants and contributions?
Grants are unconditional transfer payments that the Government provides to individuals or organizations for activities that meet eligibility criteria set by the funding program.
Contributions are similar to grants, except that, in order to receive funding and be reimbursed for specific costs, recipients need to meet certain performance conditions. The government can also audit the recipients’ use of funding.
If you are looking for benefits for individuals, visit the Benefits Finder.
Programs accepting applications
|Program Name||Application Deadline|
|New Horizons for Seniors Program||Accepting applications for community-based projects until July 5, 2013 in all of Canada, except Quebec, and until September 6, 2013 in Quebec.|
|Literacy and Essential Skills, Office of||The Office of Literacy and Essential Skills (OLES) invites eligible organizations to submit proposals on or before May 24, 2013|
|Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities||Local and regional projects:
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
|Apprenticeship Completion Grant||Ongoing|
|Apprenticeship Incentive Grant||Ongoing|
|Foreign Credential Recognition Program||Ongoing|
|International Trade and Labour||Ongoing|
|Interprovincial Labour Mobility Initiative||Ongoing|
Funding programs by topic
Career Development and Employment
- Apprenticeship Completion Grant
- Apprenticeship Incentive Grant
- Foreign Credential Recognition Program
- International Trade and Labour, Labour Funding Program
- Interprovincial Labour Mobility Initiative
- Labour Market Agreements
- Labour Market Agreements for Persons with Disabilities
- Labour Market Development Agreements
- Literacy and Essential Skills
- Occupational Health and Safety and Fire Prevention
- Sector Council Program
- Sectoral Initiatives Program
- Targeted Initiatives for Older Workers
Peoples with Disabilities
Youth and Students
- Canada Summer Jobs (Youth Employment Strategy)
- Canada-European Union Program for Cooperation in Higher Education, Training and Youth
- Career Focus (Youth Employment Strategy)
- North American Mobility in Higher Education
- International Academic Mobility
- Skills Link (Youth Employment Strategy)
- Youth Awareness
Read our service standards for all funding programs within the department.
- Date modified: