Funding: Employment Assistance for Older Workers
Who can apply?
To be eligible, participants must:
- be aged 55 to 64;
- in some circumstances, unemployed workers aged 50 to 54 or 65 and over may also participate;
- be unemployed;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- require new or enhanced skills to successfully transition into new employment; and
- live in an eligible community.
How to apply?
Individual clients and project sponsors may apply for funding by contacting their Province or Territory.
- Alberta: Ministry of Human Services
- British Columbia: Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training and Responsible for Labour
- Manitoba: Ministry of Entrepreneurship, Training and Trade, Employment
- New Brunswick: Ministry of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Department of Advanced Education and Skills
- Northwest Territories: Department of Education, Culture and Employment
- Nova Scotia: Department of Labour and Advanced Education
- Nunavut: Department of Education
- Ontario: Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
- Prince Edward Island: Department of Innovation and Advanced Learning
- Quebec: Ministry of Employment and Social Solidarity
- Saskatchewan: Department of Advanced Education, Employment and Immigration
- Yukon: Department of Education
- Date modified: