Archived - Guidelines for the Employment Equity Act
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, please contact us to request an alternate format.
These guidelines are provided to help you meet your obligations under the Employment Equity Act.
The Guidelines for the Employment Equity Act are designed to help all participants plan and implement employment equity in the workplace. These participants are:
- and employees, including members of the four designated groups (women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities).
The following manual contains an introduction, two documents, eleven guidelines and six example forms, as listed below:
- Introduction (PDF Version, 30 KB)
- Document 1: Overview of Employment Equity (PDF Version, 86 KB)
- Document 2: Compliance (PDF Version, 54 KB)
- Guideline 1: Getting Started (PDF Version, 74 KB)
- Guideline 2: Communications (PDF Version, 105 KB)
- Guideline 3: Consultation and Collaboration (PDF Version, 111 KB)
- Guideline 4: Collection of Workforce Information (PDF Version, 194 KB)
- Guideline 5: Workforce Analysis (PDF Version, 272 KB)
- Guideline 6: Employment Systems Review (PDF Version, 140 KB)
- Guideline 7: Employment Equity Plan (PDF Version, 111 KB)
- Guideline 8: Aboriginal peoples (PDF Version, 69 KB)
- Guideline 9: Monitoring, Review and Revision (PDF Version, 84 KB)
- Guideline 10: Record Keeping (PDF Version, 96 KB)
- Guideline 11: Employment Equity Report (PDF Version, 541 KB)
- Schedule VI Employment Equity Form 1 – Employer Identification, Report Summary and Certification of Accuracy (LAB1112)
- Schedule VI Employment Equity Form 2 – Occupational Groups (LAB1106 through LAB1111)
- Schedule VI Employment Equity Form 3 – Salary Summary (LAB1103 through LAB1105)
- Schedule VI Employment Equity Form 4 – Permanent Employees Hired (LAB1101 and LAB1102)
- Schedule VI Employment Equity Form 5 – Permanent Employees Promoted (LAB1098 and LAB1099)
- Schedule VI Employment Equity Form 6 – Permanent Employees Terminated (LAB1095 and LAB1096)
For more information, please contact your regional Workplace Equity Officer, who will be pleased to assist you with all aspects of employment equity implementation.
To access the Portable Document Format (PDF) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet: